Sun City Roseville Community Association is a non-profit, mutual benefit California corporation. All property owners in Sun City are automatically members. The Association’s operations are guided by the Bylaws and by adopted policies of the Board of Directors. Ten Committees of resident volunteers advise the Board in various ways. The Board’s policies are carried out by the Executive Director and his staff.
Have you wondered??????
- How is the budget developed?
- Who decides how Sun City Roseville invests the Association’s money?
- Who decides what colors I can paint my front doors?
- How can a resident be involved in determining which projects get approved?
- How can I be involved in Golf and the Golf Course?
- How can I stay up with local, state and federal legislations that will effect our community?
- I really like sports and would like to see a new program offered to residents. How can I get the new program started?
- How can I help promote Sun City to non residents.
- How can I ensure that resident’s homes and yards look good?
These are just some of the questions I have heard since moving to Sun City Roseville. If you have wondered about any of the above questions or have additional questions you will want to consider applying to be on one of the Committee’s that help run SCR and make recommendations to the SCR Board of Directors.
Applications for any of the ten committees that advise the Board are on the web site, at the Administration Office or you can pick up a volunteer application on Courier Days on June 6 and 7 at the Volunteer Table in the Timbers Lodge. Volunteer Applications will be accepted until July 1, 2016.
Here are a few things to look for in June:
- ANNUAL GOLF PASSES ON SALE JUNE 1st !!! Buy your 2016/2017 Golf pass in the administration office beginning June 1st!
- Cleveland Wedges will be on sale for $99.00
- Residents now receive 10% off lessons at Timber Creek.
- Looking for new Clubs? Timber Creek Golf Shop is an official Taylor Made fitting facility, Srixon Fitting facility, and Cleveland Wedge fitting facility. Call the shop for details.
- Twilight remains at 1pm at Timber Creek. Residents pay half price!
- Resident Play Card has improved – It’s now a baker’s dozen. Play twelve times and get your next round on us!
- Take advantage of the resident special weekdays between 11AM-1PM only $25.00
- Golfer Development Program. One half hour lesson every week.
$360/3 Months (12 Lessons)
$600/6 Months (24 Lessons)
$960/Annual (48 Lessons)
Follow your favorite golf course, Timber Creek, on Facebook.
If you have any questions contact the Timber Creek Golf Shop and let us know how we can better serve you.
Join us for the 20 Year Anniversary Celebration scheduled for May 16-18, 2016.
We’ve added new events.
Stop in the Lodge each day for a fun giveaway in the Timber Creek Lodge Lobby, Fitness Center and Pro Shop.
We are now offering a Yoga Basics class on Tuesdays from 3-4PM. In the class, you’ll learn the very basics of yoga at a level that will work for you. Slow gentle movements and basic poses will allow your body to warm up as you move with breath. After engaging your body, you will enjoy deep relaxation and finally spend time quieting your mind with meditation. If you are new to yoga and want a place to start, this is the class for you. Yoga will provide you increased flexibility and strength, improved respiration, more energy, vitality and peace of mind. Participants need the ability to get up and down from floor and no special equipment is required. Yoga Basics is a drop-in class beginning on May 10; no sign-up required. Fee: one class ticket or $3/class. Instructor: Arlene Nyikes.
Whether you are riding your bicycle, playing tennis or softball, or playing golf, your body endures repetitive stress and high demands for performance. Yoga will build strength, endurance, and flexibility to move through the range of motion needed for your athletic endeavors. It will also help realign your skeletal system to correct any problems like imbalances and weak posture. No prior yoga or group exercise experience required. Sign up for Strength and Yoga for the Athletic Enthusiast on Mondays, 4:30-5:30 PM, June 6-July 18 (No class July 4). Fee is $35 and class size is limited. Please register with payment in the Fitness Center. Instructor: Arlene Nyikes.
This is a chronology of interactions between Sun City Roseville and the Roseville Police and Fire Departments, recent, current and coming.
First, a month or so ago, the 911 police/fire communications division initiated a project pertaining to the availability of a key to residences. This is currently a beta test program, available only to Sun City residents. If you participate, a digital entry for your address will be made into their dispatch system, such that for any future police or fire calls to your home, first responders will know where they can obtain a key. To participate, simply submit a form to the police department. They are available in the Neighborhood Watch/Citizens Patrol office, and in our hallway slot outside the Activities office. Please understand that many of you have provided such information to our office, and we will gladly provide such information to police and fire personnel, but we can only do so during our limited hours of operation.
Currently, I am sure you have seen the extra patrol in Sun City following our four burglaries. We will keep you updated on any developments.
Next, the National Night Out Kick-Off will be held from 9:00 to 11:00 am on Thursday, July 21st. It will be as amazing as it was last year, but amazingly different. The tentative slate:
- Keynote speeches by both the police chief and the fire chief
- Representatives from the CHP, the Placer County Sheriff, Sacramento Police, and, of course, the Roseville Police Department, all with vehicles
- The bomb squad robot will do its best R2-D2 impression
- The fire department will bring a fire truck (or engine) and provide a demonstration
- We will have another bake sale to benefit the police and fire charity
The venue has been changed to the bocce patio due to the restaurant expansion project.
Lastly, National Night Out itself will be August 2nd. Applications will be out soon. We will let you know. Last year we had thirteen parties to which police and fire personnel responded to get to know you better and hear your concerns.
I am always available to speak at your Neighborhood Watch meetings or Club meetings.
Important Phone Numbers
Emergency – Police or Fire – 911
Roseville Emergency from Cell Phones – 916-786-6444
Roseville Non-Emergency Police – 774-5000
Sun City After Hours Emergency – 789-0808
Neighborhood Watch Office – (8:00 AM – Noon)
Citizens Patrol Office – (8:00 AM – Noon)
Does this image look familiar? It should! It’s on the Resident Website (www.scres.org) and when you click on it, you get to the 20th Anniversary webpages set up just for this event. It has all the same information you see everywhere, only conveniently online.